Friday, January 13, 2012

Solace & the moonlight lounge

~Warm House-Made Ricotta Dip, Spiced Honey, Oil Cured Black Olive Puree, Garlic Crostini~

*
 Solace is located on the corner of HWY 101 and E Street and is for sure a place you must visit. Now that we have been once we cant stop from going!!!
*
Day or night it doesn't matter. Solace is a very fun, quirky and the food is off the charts good. WOW! I was amazed. No one had really talked much about the food. Everyone just kept telling Phil and I we needed to go. His sister Marianne was already going weekly and was like "You little bloggers need to get over there!"
*
I was off work early one day, Phil was already done working and so we did our usual and took a hostage along..........Keir! Yipppeeeeeeeee
*
We started with the Ricotta Dip. You have to prepare yourself for a taste like no other. Its so good the three of us considered getting another one. The honey is so different but it really pairs with the ricotta perfectly and the garlic crostini was out of this world. Just delicious! I had a glass of chardonnay with it and I could not have been happier. Fabuloso!
*

~Grilled Four Cheese Tomato & Basil Sandwich, Creamy Tomato-Fennel Soup, Kennebec Fries~
*
Keir ordered the grilled cheese. This is gourmet grilled cheese, melt in your mouth style. It was like being in FRANCE but we were in our hometown of Encinitas. The food is so spectacular you have to taste it to believe it. Since I am the one blogging I HAD to try Keir's grilled cheese. Um yea. It was to die for. She was so full she couldn't finish her soup. No matter. It went perfect with my salad and chardonnay!
*
~“Bibbedge” – Butter Leaf Lettuce, Maytag Blue Cheese, Spiced Pecan, Pickled Onion~
 *
I ordered the bibbage. I literally licked my plate it was so good. Well I didn't really but I wanted too!
*
~House Made Quinoa-Hazelnut Veggie Burger, Egg Bun, Lettuce, Tomato, Aged White Cheddar~
*
Phil 's burger had a little bit of a hiccup. The chef has been perfecting the recipe and it wasn't just right. The burger was falling apart while Phil was attempting to eat it. Of course he is too nice to say anything to the waitress. INSERT ANGIE HERE. I let the waitress know and she immediately suggested a different burger that came out perfect and Phil devoured it. We promise to order the veggie burger next time to give it a second chance!
*
~Keir - taken against her will but happy she went after all~

~View from outside dining above new Whole Foods Center~

~Angie & Phil - Happy to be done working and at Solace!~


~Beer selection is great - try one!~

~Inside the bar area and upstairs dining~

~Love the decor and art~

~Downstairs dining~
*
It was an awesome experience and we love love love Solace. We just went for the third time last Friday night and met his sister for happy hour. We sat outside under the heaters and had a great time. Everyone is really nice and the atmosphere is one of a kind. Make sure you call ahead for reservations.
Its always jam packed!!!!
*
So head to Solace & the moonlight lounge and tell them "PHIL & ANGIE" recommended you give it a try and remember to GO LOCAL!
*****
Solace & the moonlight lounge is located at:
25 East E Street
Encinitas CA, 92024
760.753.2433
http://www.eatatsolace.com/

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my, oh my! Want to eat here! You made my mouth water..such great descriptions and pics Bun! Holy cannoli....put me on a plane to Encinitas:)
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, looks AHmazing!! A must stop if I'm in that area!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, next time you do Happy Hour, or even regular hours, let me know. I would love to try it. Thanks. Great blogs Angie!

    ReplyDelete